Knowing when to send in your accounts to us helps you get paid.

When to submit your accounts

BC laws now state that you must take action on overdue accounts within two years of invoicing or receiving a partial payment. Too many businesses wait until that unpaid bill is almost at that critical date, when many of your customers have moved, changed phone numbers and frequently forgotten all about that last bill.

So when to send them to us? We recommend only waiting until they’re 120 - 180 days old. At this point you’re beginning to get frustrated, but the debt remains fresh in your customer’s memory; a good time for us to step in!

What information should you send us?

Once you’re a client, you can start submitting accounts. But just sending us the invoice isn’t quite enough; we need contact information too. Even old addresses or phone numbers are important; we can do a much better job of searching for your moved or relocated customers if we have a place to start from.

In order to work your accounts, we need the following information:

- First & Last Name, or the Business Name. Whatever is listed on your invoice.
- Contact names for Businesses. So we know who to ask for.
- Street and/or Mailing address.
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- Secondary contact information: spouses, family, employers. Collection law allows us to contact these people if we can’t find your customer, so if you have lost contact with your customer, this will help us.

Next, we need to know how much they owe. Collection laws separate the balance owing from the interest/fees/charges added to the debt, so we need these both as distinct amounts.

We need:
- The amount they owe (including tax) without interest or late charges. If they’ve made any payments, this is the amount after payment.
-The amount of interest, late charges – anything that isn’t a part of the unpaid bill.

We need this so it can be correctly listed on their credit rating. We need the last day you did work for them OR the last date of payment.

If there’s something tricky about the situation, or you have a delicate relationship with this customer, let us know about it. Did they promise to pay dozens of times, or talked about moving? Were they previously really good customers, but now their months behind? This information will help us to deal with your customers better.

Often, your customers will want proof, so when sending in our form, please include a copy of the relevant invoice or statement when possible.
In order to list a residential tenancy dispute, you must also have a Residential Tenancy Order.

Submitting Your Accounts

Finally, it’s time to submit your accounts. We offer several different ways for you to do this. And please note: to protect your customers’ privacy, we prefer you email or fax the following forms to us:

Individual Account Form
Multi Account Form

If you have more than five accounts to send in at once, ask us to email you our multiple account spreadsheet!

 BC Credit Bureau


Get the money you’re owed with the help of BC Credit Bureau. Call, email, or fax our fully licensed and bonded collectors to begin discussing your debt recovery needs. We cater to individuals, small businesses, and large corporations throughout all of British Columbia.

Contact Us Today
Vernon, BC V1T 2C3

Toll Free: 1-888-628-3328
Phone: 250-545-5351